Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Ward FHE

I just have to say I LOVE MY WARD!!!  Yesterday I was completely overwhelmed by many things at work, including that I have get to do overtime equaling 75 hours a month.  (At least I don't have to do everything my boss does plus overtime.)  I went home and one of my roommate claimed I had an attitude problem, because I looked at her with a why-the-heck-did-you-say-that faces when she said something about not watching channel 7 or 11.  That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  It put me in a funk that I almost didn't get out of.  I was feeling lower than dirt and wasn't going to go to FHE but the thought of getting a priesthood blessing became very appealing so I met at the church to go. 

I drove myself so that I could leave when I wanted to instead of having to wait to leave with someone.   I was just kind of wandering waiting for the chance to ask someone for help and looking for a group of people to hang with since I am sort of a floater.  I introduced myself to the bishop since I hadn't yet actually talked to him, but I didn't have the courage at first to ask for a blessing.  It was later in the evening that he asked if I had gotten something to eat that I asked for a blessing.  Then the usual question of is everything ok? was asked and tears started to well up and I told him that I have been stressed lately because of work and I have been feeling overwhelmed with the amount of things that I have to do that are also not work related. 

He found a place to  give me a blessing but before he gave me one he asked how my health was, and we talked about fibromyalgia and depression.  We also talked about old roomie that is still in the ward and how I feel and how she probably feels.  I wasn't intending on telling the bishop about it but I did.  I didn't tell him however about not knowing if I should get my MLIS and that has been weighing heavily on my mind as the application date is september.  

After the blessing I told him about the MLIS because I was told to carry through with my plans and studies and I knew he was probably wondering why that was since I told him that I am finished with school.  He told me that he wanted to continue to meet with me to make sure that I am ok health wise and such. 

I am glad I went cause after all of these people started to talk to me and I really enjoyed myself.

I am doing so much better and I now have a plan of how I am going to do overtime and make up hours.  

No comments: