Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New beginnings

Here is a little update on my life. . .

I love my little apartment. It is so cute. I have finished unpacking the kitchen and will move on to my bedroom today. Some days I feel like pinching myself to know if it is really real. . .that I am on my own and enjoying it.

I have started my summer reading. . .I finished S.E. Hinton's The Outsiders and since I never read Caddie Woodlawn I am reading it now. Up next Island of the Blue Dolphins and then Harriet the Spy and Matilda

During the move I managed to lose 4 pounds and have kept it off. . .so far!! YEAH! I do need to go grocery shopping though. . .fruits and veggies and yummy healthy things to eat would be good.

I was inspired by one of my friends on Monday at FHE. He has lost 36 pounds and looks great. He even started a group on Facebook to help others. I sent him a message yesterday and he messaged me back saying that he wants me to keep him posted (yay. . .someone I have to be accountable to!) I started it yesterday and plan to continue. Here is the deal:

NONE of the following:
No candy
No sugary drinks, I still drink juice but only simply juice. no concentrate.
No fast food
No ice cream
No white rice
No white bread
No bleached flour products, this include pastas and certain cereals.

This is what else he had to say: "What I have been eating is a lot of salads and sandwiches with whole wheat bread, lean meats and good cheeses like provolone. If I get mayo it's light mayo and it's the same thing with butter. If you snack do it smart, like veggies and stuff."

So I'm off like a hurd of turtles! JK!!!!

No comments: