I have been talking and talking about moving but haven't made any effort to move. Well it has come to this. . .a list of reasons WHY I want to live on my own and now I'm actively looking.
1. This reminds me of Dashboard Confessional's song "Your hair is everywhere" Literally some of my roomies have VERY long hair. . .I have found it in my sheets, my underwear, wrapped around my little toes, clumps on the floor, I throw away huge clumps from the shower. . .SO GROSS!
2. I want to be able to use the shower anytime day or night and get out without having to put clothes on to walk to my room.
3. I want to use all of the kitchen and not feel guilty when I am.
4. I want to deep clean the house and not have people come home and take it for granted and dirty it and not clean up after themselves.
5. I think if I were to live alone I would be able to regulate my bedtime schedule and my food habits by not feeling like I was taking over the kitchen, and not running all over Timbuktu to do things.
6. When you live by yourself the only person that will lie to you is yourself.
7. QUIET. . .need I say more?
8. People don't use your stuff without asking. . .namely shower products.
9. I can have more plants
10. I don't leave dirty dishes laying around for ants to get at.
11. I want a place for all of my things. . .a proper place.
12. Somewhere closer to campus so that I can walk or ride my bike to work easily and not have to go 2 miles one way up and down hills.
There are more but I need to go shower and get to grandmas house so I can do my laundry and be cool today. . .and work.
GRR. . .
13. I can shower whenever I want to and not have to worry about someone being in the shower when I plan to shower.
14. I don't have to worry about an over crowded fridge because of the stuff I buy when I go shopping.
15. My personal bath towel can stay in the bathroom and not have to live in my bedroom so that it doesn't get used by the other roomies who I share the bathroom with. EEW!!!
16. I don't have to shove most of my life into a roughly 11x12 room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gah, I hate roommates. When I was single, I decided it was much better to fork over the extra rent than to share my space. Except for when I lived in LA, because that would be impossible.
The good news is that when you get married, most of those complaints won't exist. :) But yeah, I can relate to all of your list. Especially the using of shower products. Grr....
Yeah. I think what tipped me over the edge this morning is that I found a long black hair in my undies. . .uckie!
Eeew. I have no problem with my hair. Or my animal's hair. But OTHER hairs would bug me, yes. *shudder* Actually, because I have bathroom hangups like you I think I want separate bathrooms when I get MARRIED too.
Anyway, I would like to live on my own just so the only one bothered my my critters is me. If it is messy it is MY mess. If it is clean it is because I cleaned it... I don't have to feel guilty that someone is working harder than me. But I am not rich enough.
GOOD LUCK!!!
Post a Comment