Saturday, January 06, 2007

wind, cold wet powdery stuff called snow, and stream of thought

Today was our first day in snowboarding class. CC biffed it. . .I want to cry because her knee is wacked now and no insurance, thank goodness for free health clinic on campus but she has to wait til monday and I wish she wouldn't and I feel like it is my fault but I don't know, she wanted to take the class and I wanted her too and now I might have to drive up alone because she might have to drop the class and. . .and. . .and I don't know. Today SUCKED for her and I want to make it better. :( Did I mention I hate seeing people in pain? no? Well, I hate seeing people in pain, it makes me want to cry especially since I am the wimp and she never is. I should be the one crying and in pain not her! I HATE FEELING HELPLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so. . .now that I have that out of my system let me tell you about my experience on the mountain. First of all I have to say I like Wolf Mountain because it is smaller and less expensive BUT I do like Powder Mountain because the instructor of my group has rocks. He is so better than the instructor I had at Wolf because he actually showed us how to tie our boots so they may loosen a little, but you don't have to re-tie them. He also explained that everybody has a different stance and that we should experiment with our own to get comfortable. I went on a rope tow and that was a first. I don't really like it but I had to fall off of it because our instructor told us after how to get off, which was OBVIOUS after. Duh Cupcake!!!!!! The thing is that it blew and it was yuckie at the top and I was ill prepared, so next week I will be totally prepared and enjoy the experience totally. I'm going to buy one of those things that cover your nose and stuff so I don't freeze. It will be nice. I might have to buy a new coat that is thicker and warmer. We'll see. Long sleeves is a must!

I think I should go buy CC some ice and something to put it in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you are the awesomest sister EVER! hee hee...

don't feel bad. I really am a wimp... mostly because I am a baby when I get hurt and I am usually all "I'm awesome woman!"

ADDollhouse said...

She calls you Awesome, and yet remains ANONYMOUS... something's sketchy here ;O) hee hee hee!

Just kidding.

stewbert said...

hahaha ... i dunno how anonymous she is since there's only two kids in their family ... *snort*

hugs to cc and cupcake ... munched knees hurt.

steph k said...

hee hee... I didn't know I was anonymous!!